Welcome to Pest Force Ilford, Barking, Redbridge & Loughton Pest Control
I’m Andy Durrance your local pest control operative. Along with my team, we live and work in the area meaning you could have a same day response to your pest control problem – or arrange a time that is convenient and suitable for you. We serve all IG postcodes and this includes Ilford, Barking, Redbridge & Loughton and all surrounding areas.
How do you know if you have a pest problem?
Insects, birds and rodents all play an important part in our ecological system. When this system is balanced, everything tends to live in harmony; however, when this balance shifts, certain conditions may prevail that favours one type of insect and create huge numbers that quickly become a problem for humans.
Other factors can also affect pest numbers. Some insects, such as bedbugs, have developed a resistance to existing insecticides over time so we strive to always use the latest & most effective treatments available. To deal with bedbugs, all the crevices and mattress of your bed needs careful cleaning and treatment – over-the-counter remedies may not be effective in some cases. Bedding needs to be washed at 60° or dried on a high heat to kill the eggs and adults. Spotting a mature adult bedbug is not difficult – they are brown in colour, disc shaped – some people compare them to a lentil in shape and size. The young are harder to spot, as they are lighter in colour. However they do shed their skin so if you find unexplained brown flecks on your mattress, this may be the cause. Some people also react to the bites of the bedbug – so again, if you have unexplained itchy bites or lumps on your body (especially arms, neck & face), this may also be an indication of bedbugs.
Unlike mosquito bites, bedbug bites are not random on the skin –
they tend to follow in a straight line.
Other bugs and rodents are attracted to our homes because they present the ideal conditions to live and breed; they also like to live in warm, draught free, weather proof homes with a plentiful supply of food and nesting materials. Rats and mice love our cellars and loft spaces, and cockroaches can also enjoy the safety and seclusion of our kitchen.
Bees: We only treat honey bees if they cause a serious risk to health due to their dangerously decreasing numbers in population. When we do treat a honey bee problem, part of our fee will go towards adopting a bee hive and can be put in your name.
Cockroaches are thought to be the oldest insect on earth, with a reported 3,000 different species across the world. They are incredibly resistant and hardy insects, but we only have 3 species of cockroach that we deal with in the UK – the German cockroach, the Oriental cockroach or the American cockroach. They are also roughly similar in size and colour, but all are capable of spreading unpleasant illnesses and also create a smell that taints food and work surfaces. They are nocturnal insects, so switch the light on at night and you will see them scuttle to the edges of the room. If you have seen – or suspect – you have cockroaches you need to contact us as soon as possible.
Cockroach numbers can quickly swell from a few here and there,
to a full blown infestation that could affect neighbouring properties.
All Pests removed and controlled – Wasp nests, ants, moths, beetles, flies, woodworm, squirrels, foxes, rabbits, moles, birds, seagulls, cockroaches, rats, mice, bedbugs, fleas and more.
Expert advice and eradication
Our team are all expert and knowledgeable pest control technicians, holding a variety of up-to-date qualifications. You can be assured that we operate in a safe and humane way, with none of our pesticides and methods being dangerous to children, pets or other wildlife.
* Level 2 ‘Pest Control and Management’ – qualification awarded by the Royal Society of Public Health (RSPH) covers the safe use of pesticides, as well as other methods used in integrated pest management.
* Maintaining and developing pest control industry standard by being an active member of the British Pest Control Association (BPCA).
* Specialist training such as bird proofing techniques (including netting, spiking etc.) as well as highly specialised (and regulated) gassing technique.
* Developing further knowledge with additional courses in rodent & insect control and eradication.
* All work is insured with Public Liability Insurance.
* Advice on how to avoid future pest control problems.
Who we can – and have – helped to be pest-free!
We have successfully helped hundreds of customer to be pest-free:
All domestic customers, whether the problem is in the house, garden or in outbuildings such as shed or garages.
Business customers have included:
· Industrial settings – factories, units, offices and specialist companies such as pharmaceutical companies.
· Food outlets and servicing areas – such as pubs, restaurants, take away retailers, food preparation units etc. (discretion a priority)
· Agricultural settings – from farms to equestrian units, such as stables, livery yards, riding schools etc.
· Letting and estate agents – ongoing contracts within student accommodation areas, private lets, holiday homes etc.
· Local council and other amenities – including local parks, graveyards, burial grounds etc.
· Educational settings – schools, colleges, nurseries (council and privately owned)
· Sporting centres and complexes – such as bowling greens, golf courses, football pitches cricket grounds etc.
In fact, no matter what pest problem you think you have, we can deal with it – quickly and successfully. Give us a call for a quick response!
Direct Immediate Response 7 days a week!
Head Office: 07575 400094 or 0208 088 2365
Barking, Redbridge, Ilford & Loughton
For your free quotation, request a callback
or email us at email@example.com
We look forward to helping you.